Warm-er Wednesday

It's a heat wave! 23 degrees!
Well, at least last Wednesday was! Here's my much delayed post

Last week the temperatures began to plummet - hello effects of the bomb cyclone. This led to school being closed on Friday and lots of indoor work over the weekend! So with the balmy 23 entering the area, it feels like a huge heat wave. 

Schools can also be a bit nippy - using my handy classroom warming techniques to stay warm! (Some of these are "off the record" lol)

  1.  The wet paper towel over the thermostat.  This works, but gets freezing cold once the paper towel has dried out! Also, it is not recommended by our custodial staff 
  2. Little portable heater under the desk. I'm not sure if we're supposed to have them or not. However, the offices all have some under their desks or in their rooms - so I decided to give it a try. So far, so good! I use an extra piece of fabric left over from my bulletin board to trap most of the heat in so it doesn't mess with the thermostat. It keeps me warm but doesn't mess with the system.
  3. Heat yourself! The key to this - lots of layers! Right now, I'm loving my fleece lined leggings under my dress. They were pretty cheap too - on sale at Wally World! Cardigans are also my best friends. I have way too many, but at least there's one for every outfit! Plus, they come in all sorts of pattern and colors so one can never be too prepared. 
Hope you all are staying warm and snug this winter! 


Comments